Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2008

Upcoming election (3)

Very high turnout is predicted for our upcoming election. While many will go to be polls, at least by American standards, many other countries consider our efforts to be somewhat lacking.

There are far too many citizens who do not bother to vote because of laziness or lack of interest, work and family obligations (even though absentee or early voting is available), an inability to make a decision, a mistaken belief that their vote will not count, or just plain disgust with all of the candidates.

For an American citizen, voting is a right. As a naturalized American, I consider voting to be my duty. Even if I am appalled by every single candidates, I will still vote although I may just write "none of the above" or some other more creative insult on my ballot

See you at the polls tomorrow.

No comments: