Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2009

End of the line...

After blogging for almost a year, and having written nearly two hundred short essays, I have come to the conclusion that I am spending too much time to provide too little value to too few readers.

One of the important lessons that I have learned is one that professional writers (I am not one) know: the process is hard and time consuming. There is good reason why thoughtful commentators write only a few columns each week. Researching and understanding topics, as well as choosing the proper words so that the thoughts come out right on paper, takes a lot of time.

There are other things that I should be doing. Some have the potential to make the world a slightly better place: working on behalf of sailors with disabilities, consulting to small businesses, helping to manage the financial affairs of the condominium association where I live are among them.

Although hard work, writing here has been fun. On the other hand, it has been something of a self indulgent waste of time that can be better spent elsewhere. I will, therefore, bid my readers adieu and fade into the background. Those who want my advice and opinions know where to find me.

No comments: